The Federal Voting Assistance Program announces their Voting Poster Contest to promote absentee voting by Uniformed Services members, their families, and U.S. citizens living abroad.
FVAP provides U.S. citizens worldwide a broad range of non-partisan information and assistance to facilitate their participation in the democratic process - regardless of where they work or live.
To enter create an image that expresses the importance of voting and will inspire others to vote. FVAP will review all submissions and choose the winning poster on the following criteria: originality, design, and motivational value. The winning design will be incorporated into the FVAP’s 2012/2013 outreach campaign which focuses on increasing voter awareness among U.S. citizens worldwide. This will include the FVAP website (www.fvap.gov), the 2012/2013 Voting Assistance Guide, motivational posters, and other FVAP publications.
All U.S. citizens are eligible to enter the contest. Entries for the FVAP Poster Contest will be accepted from January 18- April 8, 2011. Above are samples demonstrating the range and quality of submissions from past winners.
How to enter
Following are general specifications applicable to all artwork submitted:
- The design should be motivational in nature and have no politically partisan connotations either explicitly stated or implied.
- Text is not necessary on the artwork
- All artwork must be original in its intent and design.
- The incorporation of artwork from stock photo services cannot be accepted.
- Films and photocopies, are not eligible.
- Sketches that can be altered into a finished product will be accepted.
- There is no monetary award for artwork submitted.
- All submissions must include your full name, branch of service (if military), mailing address, daytime telephone number, fax number and e-mail address (if applicable).
- DO NOT YOUR WRITE NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE POSTER
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Text only (email messages with pdf attachments are deleted for information security purposes). One slogan per email.
Fax: (703) 696-1352 or DSN 426-1352. Visit the FVAP website at www.fvap.gov for international toll-free fax numbers. Submit one slogan per fax. No cover sheet is necessary.
Mail: Federal Voting Assistance Program, 1777 North Kent Street Suite 14003, Arlington, VA 22209
Originality, Design, Motivational Value
The design should be original and convey a clear message. The artwork should not include any copyrighted material and should motivate our stakeholders to get out and vote.